Getting ready for all those Springtime outdoor events will surely involve getting in a bathing suit very soon. Give yourself one less thing to worry about by booking that Brazilian or Bikini wax stat, and follow these tips to ensure a flawless service from start to finish and long-lasting smooth skin!
- First of all, be sure the hair is long enough to be waxed- this means no shaving for at least two weeks. For the best results about a ¼ inch of hair growth is needed. “No” we are not suggesting you get a ruler out just know that it’s about two weeks since your last shave.
- Give yourself at least two to three days between the waxing and when you plan to bare your skin to the sun and the elements, so book ahead!
- Exfoliating your skin a few days before waxing helps to prevent the likelihood of ingrown hairs, removes dead skin and makes waxing faster and easier. After your wax, wait at least 48 hours and then exfoliate again, to prevent any ingrown hairs.
- Sorry, but no, you can't work out for 24 hours after your wax.
- If you're getting waxed for a big event like a wedding or vacation, and it's your first time or it's just been a while since your last wax, we recommend scheduling two waxing sessions, one about a month before your event, and then another one at least 2 to 3 days before the event. Your first wax won't always be 'perfect' due to hair growth cycles, but the second wax will be, once every hair follicle is on the same 'schedule', so to speak!
Since you bare it all to us, I'll do the same: here's my (Gloria's) waxing horror story!
One time in the middle of the Texas summer heat I got my Brazilian wax. Then later that day, forgetting that I got my very sensitive bits waxed, I went for a long bike ride. Let's just say that sweating, heat, and friction are all a recipe for disaster for post-waxed skin. My skin did NOT react well, so don’t do that to your beautiful self! Give your skin some time to heal before doing any strenuous activities, but especially in this very intense Texas heat!